This dog walk photoshoot was with Leanne, Martin and their Beagle pups Harriet and Archie. Now I’ve got to be honest I’ve never been a dog person. But having done a few dog walk photoshoots now
and like you have seen many videos on Facebook of clever and funny dogs I am starting to get more interested, even a bit enamoured, by the nature of dogs. So I like to look up the nature of the breed I’m photographing to feel like I know them a little during the shoot. And here are some interesting facts I found about Beagles…
- The earliest breed called “Beagle” was a much smaller version of the Beagles we know today. These Pocket Beagles were a teeny 8 or 9 inches high AWWWWWWWW!
2. If a Beagle has no white in its tail, it’s not 100-percent pure bred (top tip if you’re off to buy one!)
3. The most famous fictional dog in pop culture, Snoopy, is a Beagle
4. Beagle means ‘loudmouth’ in French! They like to exercise their vocal cords to the max
5. They’re good natured and peaceful dogs and being hunters like nothing more than following a scent…
Archie and Harriet were in the middle of being trained at the time of their photoshoot and only ran off once, saying that they were only off the lead once but they did eventually return 🙂 It was a fun walk on a beautiful bright day in March and these are my favourites of the day.
Click HERE for more pet and animal galleries